Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happiness

I am humbled by many of my clients - yet none so deeply as a young woman I have been working with for several months. Upon her most recent appointment, when asked what her intention was for this particular session, she answered; 'more happiness'.

The session proceeded to be immense. The gravity of the work was beyond - simply beyond. The amount of release from old ways was huge - the energetic largeness of the work was incredible - I swept and swept and moved and moved old cords, emotional baggage carried for lifetimes filled the room; heat, volume, density was undeniable. If there is an equivalent - several sessions in one, perhaps. I had no words - and neither did she.

Since that experience, I have contemplated the simple prayer of happiness. We can become so deliberate, focused and controlling over what we think God should be/do for us - we often can hear ourselves telling God what we think we should want or have. It came to me, that the more finite we are in our prayers; the less room there is for God.

When we can trust God with all our hearts, what more can there be to affirm, but happiness. I am happy. Today, I am happy. More happiness, God & thank you.

Such a simple prayer - such a beautifully naive and full opportunity to allow for the Creator to do Its creating in our lives.

I hope you will take time today to contemplate the idea of  the simple prayer of 'more happiness.' - with relief in the trusting of Gods will.

No comments:

Post a Comment