Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Divine Perfection of Different

Word Origin & History
integrity
c.1450, "wholeness, perfect condition," from O.Fr. integrité, from L. integritatem (nom. integritas) "soundness, wholeness," from integer "whole" (see integer). Sense of "uncorrupted virtue" is from 1548.
 
 
I have been in deep thought and ponderness lately. I wonder  about the words integrity and responsibility. I found the above  meaning for the first choice of mind contemplations, and with a sense of understanding I offer it to  you. I love the use of wholeness, from the Latin root whole. As I often call myself on being in integrity with life, clients, my work; I see the perfection of uncorrupted virtue........for when we are not in integrity, as when we are not in alignment with Love; our own wholeness is cracked, fractured, corrupted.
 
Being honest, the simplicity of such an act, appears to be difficult for some - being honest brings about a vulnerability, doesn't it? What if they really see me? What happens if they really know what I am thinking? Will they like me, will they agree with me? If I say this, this that I am truly feeling and express that I am not in agreement with them......where will I be?  Not being something for the approval and acceptance of another, is truly carving a bit of ourselves away.
 
Here  is me being honest and vulnerable: "I am so tired of hearing preachers, minsters, clergy say "when you are in Gods house." It is said in  church. I have heard it said as if it's a threat to the congregation; come on, you are in Gods house now, be honest.......Are we NOT ALL-WAYS in Gods house? Isn't our body Gods House? Are we not, every day, no matter where we are in GODS HOUSE? The earth, the universe, the supermarket! Please, know that no matter where you stand, you are in Gods house. The (traditional) misconception of teaching that the church building is Gods house has allowed too many to stray from the fold. It has left a fracture, a place for lack of wholeness and my emotions around this bring my fire up. You come in here and you are in Gods house, you go out there and do what you what. NOT. "
 
(Okay, that felt good, thank you!)
 
It seems that we sometimes place the wholeness of ourselves at risk for the acceptance of another human being.  OR do we place our own wholeness at risk because we are self judging and cannot be honest with who we are at that moment? Does it come down to self acceptance, trust in our own feelings, faith in the divine perfection of different?
 
The emotional attachments of responsibilty can be overwhelming. As all who are in a therapuetic line of work...we know and experience the boundary of this is yours to do, I cannot do it for you. It can be a thin line, a gray line, a wavering line.....but it is always there. Sometimes it takes a microscope to see it. It can take days, hours, painful moments to find it; but it is always there.
 
Integrity can guide us to where the line of responsibility is - how to find it - how to listen for it. This is not mine, this is yours. I can not do that for you, you have to make the choice to do it or not. I find that when I trust the work, the line comes through so bright and deep I cannot help but see it. When I trust God, all is made clear. I find that when I take me out of the equation, and always remember this is  about them and God, me and God....then I see clealry.
 
We each can do the same in all aspects of our lives. In a parenting, in being in relationship, in any moment. This is yours, not mine. This is mine, not yours. The basic, basic first lesson a six month old learns when in his/her first play group. Good lesson. Very good lesson.
 
Kindness, honesty. Integrity, being honest and kind at the same time. Responsibility, taking action through honesty and kindness. Honesty and kindness is a powerful combination. Stand in God. 
 
When I take a stand, even if another human cannot see the struggle I am standing in; I have to ask for Jesus to guide me, to help me, to take my hand and not let go. I aks for my angels to hold me up. I ask for all the non physical Light filled assistance possible. And then I am brutally honest with myself.
 
And I ask, because I am fully convinced, I KNOW, that alone, we humans cannot do it. We can't even get up in the morning without Gods help; I do not know how to get my body to breathe, do you? 
 
Get vulnerable, be yourself, stand in Faith, and allow honesty  combined with integrity to lead you. This is being responsible for God and therefore; for yourself. No one is like you. No one will ever be like you. You are unique, beautiful and amazing. You stand in integrity through faith and all good will come to be your experience. You will stand in wholeness. If you one does not stand in faith of God, the Higher Power; I see fracture, I see pain.  I do not want that for any one. I want for you, what I want for myself. A peace which passes all and any human understanding through a personal relationship with God, Holy Spirit, the non physical Light, Creator.  
 
with great love & gratitude,
Rev. Deborah
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment