Thursday, August 11, 2011

Seasonal

I love fall. It is my favorite time of year, and no doubt what may be the driving force in me living my life in New England. Nature, the natural cycle of the essence of life itself lets us know when.........if we only listen, feel and allow our hearts to interpret.

This past week the bluebirds, starlings and other summer feathered friends are quiet, the crows have been louder, the hawks screeching often and we have a very loud owl who praises night fall. I know this, because my windows are now open.....allowing for my senses to be filled, touched and glorified!

I have friends who are hot weather women. I am not one of them. Living at the ocean is the only way I can love the heat...............i need air flow. I require flow. I need circulation, movement. I have to have it. In all aspects of my life. I must know I am shifting, growing, changing, allowing for flow. Stagnant is my least favorite four letter word.

The Farm lets me know when the season is changing. I don't need a date book or calendar or school year to tell me. The air tells me. The groundhogs weight tells me. The birds tell me.

My yearning for tea rather than coffee tells me. I know fall is in the air when I desire tea. I know summer is upon me when I desire coffee. My own unique rhythms.

We each have our own unique cycles. Our lives are greatly eased when we listen to them and with reverence; choose actions upon the information gathered. When I was a 'young thing' I would have called them red flags.....................now I know it is more than intuition; it is in all-ways the wisdom of the nature of all that i am speaking to me, guiding me, prodding me along this path of my individual journey.

For instance, I have a relative who does not understand why I drink tea in the fall and coffee in the summer - it SHOULD be the other way around.....coffee is too hot for summer......blah, blah, blah. (When I then am in the midst of the full change of the season, grasping for tea one moment and coffee the next...it will put them right over the edge! If they only knew the Laws of Transformation, they would not be unsettled.) Now, if we go thru our lives doing the should dance, that is exactly what it turns to; a chaotic dance.

I have this small gift. I never have to time hard boiled eggs. Ever since I was a kid, I just know when they are done. I don't watch the clock, I do not fret nor think about it; i put them on and then take them off when I think of it. Yellow, perfect, done.

Some people want something outside of themselves to tell them when they are done, or when it is done, or when it is time. You have an inner clock. You have all you need. This nature of things is what YOU are. There is this Divine Nature of Life; the Essence of God which lies within and with out all things. Trust it. Find out how it works, how to use it, apply it and reap the benefits from It; and TRUST it.

Trust your own unique cycles, trust the God within and without, Trust.........now, to go sit outside and commune with that hawk.  


No comments:

Post a Comment