Monday, August 1, 2011

Intimate Prayer

Deep in prayer this early morning i feel small. The birds sing loudly and tears roll down my cheeks as i offer myself to God for love - to be love on this day, to never forget myself, to stand in love, to offer love, to know and never forget nothing more than i am a woman in the midst of humanity, praying that any difference i might make, any moment my small self may vibrate - that this may be for good. On my knees, by my bedside, like a child, i continually offer myself  to Grace that i be used for good, that in any small way i may support  a vision of grace to descend upon the hearts of those few whose lives entwine with mine.

i gaze upon others, in awe and with shame & some coveting - who support grace in the world in linear big ways; famous, commercially successful and other; and then i gaze upon my own calling and the callings of so many souls i know, to support in love others - one heart at a time. And i once again continually offer myself up and in, surrendering in the knowing that the will of God is good, purposeful and knows - that my small, tiny, mostly uknown self may be offering good unto the world.

Thank you God for yet another day to entwine my heart with others and seek, find and bathe in your love. May my small self do some good today, may i may not waste my time here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment