Wednesday, March 9, 2011

James Van Praagh/Michael Gerrish

Last evening I went to the Newburyport Firehouse and witnessed the renowned spiritual medium James Van Praagh with a rather new still getting his confidence medium; Michael Gerrish. The ticket was 75.00 and well worth the three hour time slot of a mid week night out. Well known psychic medium James Holland was in the audience supporting his friends, the self care author Cheryl Richardson was there as the wife of Michael Gerrish as well as being a dear soul friend of James, no doubt also the reason they were on the ticket for the evening (!) and the local flavor of Newburyport was buzzing with gratitude - as thousands of Spirits were trying to be loud enough in order to have James speak for them! The energy was raised and crown chakras were flickering with delight. The pre 'show' anticipation was on high.

As I sat in perfect audience mid stream, which I never do, (for I am an aisle girl for easy retreat and crowd control), I found myself questioning and delighted at this event. I had never seen James Van Praagh in person. Due to my own medium-ship and clairvoyance, I never felt the 'need'. Let me say he is no doubt the real deal. His years of paving the way for all of us, has created an entertaining, sweet and gifted soul.

The resonance of delight at any like event is that I get to see friends and peers I have not seen in a while - almost like a reunio -, hugs, smiles and 'how are you' are always heart opening gifts. My questioning was birthed of 'why?'. Or rather, what purpose does this information serve?

Since the very funny and authentic James reminded us that 'what another thinks about us is none of our business', I have to own up to my own ego centered perceptions. What does it serve to have another human being tell you what you are feeling, or as host Bob Olsen said, take the lid off your head and reach right into your mind and pull stuff out....? It's your stuff. What goodness does it serve to have a person confirm your accident you had year ago and that your back hasn't healed yet? You know that, right? How does someone telling you your dead grandmother wants you to take care of yourself, or you have arthritis in your left arm, which you know due to the pain, support your journey?

And as I hear these judgments and thoughts creating distance between myself and the joy of the evening, I also heard; well, this is one of things you do Deborah - don't you help? What's he doing that I don't? Could I be up there? (Oh, how we make it AAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL about our selves! Zowie, hit me with a 2x4 please.)

The help and support which was shared last evening was immense. Many audience guests were pleased, relieved and empowered. The emotions of the evening come under the heading of validation. We seek validation in oh so many forms. Last evening, and the reason people go to psychics, mediums and others is to feel validation of something, sometimes any little thing, of life beyond this linear body.

As humans we crave a significant event to prove to us that this is not all there is. We desperately want to know that there is more than this singular life, more than our frail 30, 56, 72 or 99 years on this plane. Last night I was reminded of just how hungry people are. Last night I was reminded of just how relevant this work is.

The few chosen through James Van Praagh were offered significant proof via this person they have never met, telling them about their prior relationships with dead relatives and the lives of these relatives. He reinforced that our lives, relationships and connections continue beyond the framework of this earth existence. Others were given proof via the humble Michael Gerrish that there is more to you than your physical body - your emotions, choices and life resonate through and out to others. Validation and comfort. Important stuff, we crave it.

James Van Praagh has been around for thirty plus years as one of or perhaps the leader in the field of psychic medium-ship. Micheal Gerrish’s gift came to the surface in the past four years. He is a bodybuilder and health nutritional author and coach. I dare guess; this gift has rocked his world more than anyone else’s – as the unexpected always does. Michael continually spoke humble statements of recourse through his time on stage; that this psychic thing was new and he is fine tuning, learning and awakening to this gift. During and immediately after the evening I was not very patient with him - I felt he should begin with smaller venues, house parties, twelve to twenty folks - and away from his home town. I felt his humbleness bordered on apologies and set a foundation for doubt and insecurity - and to a degree I still do, but the truth is it took a huge amount of courage for him to walk on that stage. And for a man who for years has been a leader in a very different field; of course he is to be insecure in his offering of information he may feel is none of his business. But as a multi dimensional clairvoyant and empath myself ; I do offer you this Michael Gerrish - have faith in Spirit. The most you can do is offer and if someone says yes, then give them what you are offered. You are doubting yourself - that is your humanness, but do not ever doubt Spirit - that is your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment